Two Day STEM Job, Internship, & Co-op Fair
September 19th and 20th from 12:00pm-4:00pm in the Gymnasium (Marietta)
Each Fall & Spring semester, we invite many of the nation's top companies to the Marietta Campus to recruit KSU students and alumni for internship, co-op, full-time, & part-time positions.
Students of all majors and class levels are encouraged to attend. Companies are also recruiting for positions in accounting, management, marketing, communications, new media arts, information systems, finance and so many more related fields. Look through the list below for more information.
Professional Dress is required for admittance to this Job fair. View the tips below if you have questions about what to wear.
Last semester's event attracted recruiters from companies like:
Tips from your Career & Internship Advisor
How to Prepare
Download the KSU Career Fair + app (free download for Apple and Android devices) to see the list of registered employers for the upcoming Career Fairs. This will give you the list of all of the firms attending the Career Fair with descriptions. This way you will be able to do your research to determine which firms you'd like to meet.
- All firms attending each of the Career Fairs are uploaded to the app, along with a description. Once table assignments have been made you will be able to star your companies of interest and easily locate them, but more importantly...DO YOUR RESEARCH...
- Do research inside this app, but do not stop there. Find the organization's website to learn more about the company, mission, and any open positions listed on their website, under Careers, Employment, About Us or similar sections.
- Use other websites to do research as well. Many employers will have a presence on LinkedIn, where you can learn more about them and even explore who is already employed there and the backgrounds and professional experience of those people.
Develop your Elevator Speech
How to create a unique elevator speech for each employer:
- Hi! I’m (your full name). I’m a/an _______________________ major, graduating in _______.
- Next say something interesting about yourself, something that will impress this specific employer.
- I just completed an internship with ¬(company name) in the _____________Department. It was amazing…
- I have a 3.5 GPA and have always excelled academically.
- I am the President of ___________, (describe the organization: purpose, # of students…)
3. Wrap it up by expressing your interest in the employer:
I am very interested in working with you because…(insert your research)
4. Finally: May I give you my resume?
Practice, Practice, Practice: Know your Elevator Speech & say it with ease…
NOTE: Do not leave without...Requesting a business card, so you are able to write a thank you note within 24 hours. Always attach your resume.
Your resume needs to be perfect: no spelling or grammar mistakes, reverse chronological order, everything aligned.
Please review the resume template for tips on creating a strategic resume:
Available on our website here under "Important Resources"
- Resumes should be printed on "resume paper," a slightly heavier paper that typically has a watermark. This paper is available at stores like, Staples, Office Depot, and Walmart.
- Always bring more resumes than you think you will need. You never know how many employers will stop you and introduce themselves or employers that you decide you'd like to meet.
Dress for Success
Present yourself in a professional manner - dressing professionally is one of the keys to making a great first impression!
- Matched, skirted (knee-length) or pants
- Blue, gray or black
- Wear neutral hose if you wear a skirt
- Neutral, opaque, modest: no cleavage
- Always closed toe
- Heels no higher than 2”
- Toned down, subtle
- Earrings: Studs are best
- Avoid perfume
- Clear or pale polish
- Blue, gray or black
- Not too baggy & not too tight
- Pants hemmed, so they sit on the top of your shoes (Dry Cleaners will do alterations)
- Neutral colors: blues, white
- Make sure your shirt is ironed; it may need to be dry cleaned
- Windsor knots are best: Check out YouTube for how to tie ties videos
- Polished, not scuffed
- Clean shaven is best; goatees & mustaches should be trimmed conservatively
- It’s a good idea to review employer websites to see acceptable hair lengths/styles; most business professions are conservative and will expect you to have a conservative hair style (e.g. no ponytails, no shoulder length hair…)
MEN & WOMEN
- Must be covered up
What to bring with you
- Purchase a leather or pleather portfolio for your resumes
- Include a pen & extra paper for notes tucked inside
- Smiles & eye contact to make a great impression
- Firm handshakes for both men & women
- Always pick up a business card when you meet with an Employer, so you can write a thank you note within 24 hours incorporating the notes you’ve written after speaking to an Employer.
- We have a bag check, so you can always leave your backpack, purse, coat, or other items there. Be unburdened as you navigate the career fair floor
Attend Events to Get Ahead+View Full Calendar
- Jun01Congressional Expo for Veterans and Reservists (Non-KSU Event) - Convocation CenterTime: 09:00 am Location: Convocation Center-Kennesaw Campus
- Jun12Popeyes Kennesaw Recruiting Event Time: 10:00 am Location: Burruss Building BB122 Atrium Information Table 01
- Jun13Popeyes Kennesaw Recruiting Event Time: 10:00 am Location: Social Sciences Bldg SO1001B East Lobby Information Table 1