What is the Criteria for registration and access to OwlLink
A: Must have an organization email account (NOT gmail, hotmail, yahoo, aol, or other general domain names), provide an active organization website that matches the domain name of your organization, provide contact person's full name and job title. Note that this information is not viewable to students; it is for system registration purposes only. You must select what is viewable to students within each job posting after your registration is approved.
How do I repost a position that has archived?
A: Click on the “Jobs” tab at the top within OwlLink, then click the "Add New" button towards the bottom left of the page. Under the “Position Information” part of the next page, click the “Show Archived” button to view previous positions on the job posting form. Select the down arrow next to the button that changed to "Show Current" button, and then click on the job title you would like to copy. Review and update the posting that populated in the form, change both the posting start date and the expiration date, and then submit for approval.
Can I post positions anywhere else on campus besides OwlLink?
A: The Sentinel (KSU’s online and paper newspaper) offers a free classifieds at http://www.ksusentinel.com/classifieds. On the website select the "Place an Ad" to complete the form.
Per KSU guidelines, flyers outside of Kennesaw State offices are not to be posted on the campus premises. Please see the KSU University Posting and Announcement Policy for details at http://careers.kennesaw.edu/employers/owllink.php (link to download under yellow “log-in” button.)
-Right of Refusal - Any company or organization seeking to recruit at KSU must register an OwlLink account through The Department of Career Planning & Development (CPD). If a representative of an organization fails to comply with the Career Services Center policies, University Posting and Announcement Policy (http://careers.kennesaw.edu/employers/owllink.php), or NACE Principles for Employment Professionals (http://www.naceweb.org/principles); access to some or all CPD services may be declined or revoked. Final approval to use Kennesaw State University facilities and services for the purposes of recruitment rests with the Director of the CPD.
- NO SOLICITATION POLICY - The Department of Career Planning & Development does not give permission to any organization, or individual, to distribute materials of any kind throughout campus, for the purposes of recruitment. All promotional materials regarding an approved and scheduled recruiting event will be distributed directly through our staff team to interested and qualified students. Promotional materials for a confirmed recruiting event must be submitted to our office at least 7 business days before the event.
How can I request to interview KSU candidates on either KSU campus?
A: Post your current position within OwlLink or plan to add it immediately after requesting a date at least 3 weeks before your requested interview date. Select the "On-campus recruiting (OCR)" tab within OwlLink, then click the "Request A Schedule" button near the bottom of the page to complete the form. Please include alternate dates. The preferred OCR Model is "Preselect to Alternate" for optimum recruiting and allowing the system to work for everyone. If you do not see the tab on your profile, please contact our office.
Students aren’t applying to my posts. How can I maximize job posting views and applicants?
A: There are many ways to get the most of your posting. Here are some suggestions:
- Take the time to look through the Job Function options. Make sure you click all that apply.
- It is always best to add specific tasks and outcomes within the job description. If a potential candidate has questions that are not answered within the posting, they will go to the next position that provides full details of expectations.
- Try to at least put a range for salary level. Even if you put “Depending on Experience” at the end of it, a range helps the students know more of what to expect than something like “Competitive.” If it’s salary plus commission, put something like “$30,000 plus Commission.”
- Select “No” in the Restrict Applications section of the posting.
- Select a few target majors for the "Desired Major(s)" section. This will target candidates, but it will not exclude candidates who aren’t those particular majors. Selecting “All Majors” tends to keep students away.
- Provide "Contact Information" and/or website within the posting so candidates are able to research your organization.
How many students are expected to attend?
A: The larger Career Fairs (STEM and General Career Fair) have between 800-1,500 students who attend. The smaller Career Fairs (Accounting and Non-Profit/Government) have between 300-500.
Can I get a resume book for students that attend the Career Fair?
A: Yes. We do provide a link to download resumes of all students that have pre-registered for the Career Fair through our OwlLink system. This will NOT be all students that attend the fair.
Is wifi available?
A: Yes. We will provide network and password on the day of the event.
Is there a full list of recruiting activities to get involved in this year?
A: Upcoming Department of Career Planning & Development (CPD) events can be found in a few locations:
- Owl Link: from your employer homepage, visit the “Events” tab to search for upcoming Career Fairs and Information Sessions. You can also click on the “Calendar” tab to search for all CPD events.
- www.HireKennesawState.com: Under “Home” click on Career Fairs to see upcoming career fair dates and links to registration.
- careers.kennesaw.edu : from the main CPD homepage, see the “Upcoming Events” list near the bottom of the page. You can click “+View Calendar” to see events for the entire year.
How can I connect with student organizations?
A: KSU has over 200 student organizations. Many of these groups have a professional focus. You can browse the list of student organizations at: https://owllife.kennesaw.edu/organizations. Contact a Department of Career Planning & Development staff member to schedule meeting visits or other opportunities to connect with specific student groups.
How do I get to Kennesaw State University?
Visiting the Kennesaw Campus
1000 Chastain Road
Kennesaw, Georgia 30144
Directions to Visitor Lot(s) – Kennesaw Campus- download map here
From I-75, take the Chastain Road exit, number 271 (one exit north of the Town Center Mall/Barrett Parkway exit). Turn left if northbound on I-75 (turn right if southbound). Go to the third light if northbound (second if southbound) and turn right onto Kennesaw State University Drive just beyond the soccer field on your right. Continue straight for about one tenth of a mile and park in the Welcome Center lot (Grid Area D-11 on campus map).
Visitor Lot 2 (Grid Area F-7 on the campus map) is located off Frey Road and on Parliament Garden Way, between Central Deck and the new Education Building. From Chastain Road you will turn right onto Frey Road and proceed to the second traffic light and turn left onto Parliament Garden Way. Park in the pay-per-park lot. Use the directions listed on the pay station. Be sure to park in the marked Visitor area.
The Department of Career Planning & Development Office is located at 585 Cobb Avenue, Kennesaw Hall, Building 585, Suite 2617, Kennesaw, GA 30144. (Grid Area F-10 on the campus map).
Visiting the Marietta Campus
1100 South Marietta Pkwy
Marietta, Georgia 30060
Directions to Visitor Lot(s) – Marietta Campus- download map here
From I-75, take exit 263 (KSU Marietta Campus/120 Loop). Turn right if southbound (left if northbound) onto South Marietta Parkway. Go one mile and turn left onto Technology Way, at the main entrance of campus.
Lot P2 - turn right at the first street (Rossbacher Way), and Visitor's Lot 2 will be on your immediate left. Use the directions listed on the pay station.
P60 Parking Deck near Bldg Q - turn right at the first street (Rossbacher Way) and then left at the first stop sign onto Polytechnic Lane. Follow this road until you see Deck 60 on your left. Be sure to park in the marked Visitor area. Use the directions listed on the pay station.
May I post our company flyers on campus?
A: Per KSU guidelines, flyers outside of Kennesaw State offices are not to be posted on the campus premises. Please see the KSU University Posting and Announcement Policy for details at http://careers.kennesaw.edu/employers/owllink.php (link to download under yellow “log-in” button.)
What courses do students take in a specific major? What programs do the students know upon graduation?
A: Given the many majors at KSU, students can graduate with knowledge in a variety of different areas. Please view the KSU Undergraduate or Graduate Catalog to view course requirements for each specific major and minor. You can also find links to each college’s website and all of our majors and programs at http://www.kennesaw.edu/majorsprograms.php