Handshake for Employers & Recruiters
We are happy to announce that the upgrade of our online Career Management System (Handshake) is complete. All students now have access to accounts in the new system, Handshake, and we ask that you create your recruiter accounts in the new system as well.
More information about using handshake is provided below.
If you have any questions or need help creating your new account in Handshake, please contact us at 470-578-2724
Getting Started with Handshake
- Handshake has great video clips on "Getting Started"
- Learn how to create a Handshake User Account and Company Profile to connect with KSU on Handshake
- More help with posting your jobs
and Company Profile, and connect with KSU on Handshake, then post a job..
Please note: The Department of Career Planning & Development cannot view your password from the system. If you forget your password, please click on the “Forgot my Password” tab to have your password reset and emailed to you.
COMMON REASONS EMPLOYER REGISTRATIONS ARE DECLINED INCLUDE:
- Gmail, yahoo, hotmail or other general domain names in the email address
- Private individual looking to hire a nanny, daycare, tutor, etc.
- Posting for a third party staffing agency (see Third Party policy below)
- Invalid company website
- Website/email domains for known companies do not match the corporate domain
- Incomplete registration information (full name and title of contacts, phone number or website does not match the organization URL).
- Require student to pay or invest in your company before employment
Note: This information is not viewable to students; it is for system registration purposes only. You must select what is viewable to students within each job posting after your registration is approved.
Third Party Recruiting Policy
If you are a Third-Party Recruiter posting a job for a client, it will be necessary to disclose the client’s company name for whom you are recruiting in the Job Description box. All positions posted by third-party recruiters without the client’s company name will be deleted from the system. Third-party recruiters are eligible to participate in the Career Fair ONLY IF they are recruiting for their own respective organization OR they explicitly state the company they are representing at the time of the fair. Also see NACE Third Party Recruiting Policy. Recruiting complexities that exist for a third-party recruiter far surpass those of a typical employer. Therefore, The Department of Career Planning & Development reserves the right to deny access and participation to any third-party employer.
Free Classified through the KSU campus newspaper, The Sentinel:
It's a third-party service connected to the online edition of The Sentinel at http://www.ksusentinel.com/classifieds; just click on the classifieds link. This is also an option if you are not able to meet our criteria and post within Handshake.
How to Post a Position
You may post any of the following types of positions within Handshake: Internship or Co-op, Full-Time, Part-Time, Permanent, or Temporary/Seasonal.
- Log into your Handshake account.
- Select to Post a Job from the Handshake dashboard.
- Complete the form providing as much detail as possible for best recruiting results (you can copy and paste information into these forms).
- Select options and complete all * areas, as they are required.
- Submit for approval, and you will receive an automated email days before the posting expires.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
- Provide details of your candidate preferences (i.e., GPA, graduation date, major, etc.). Students who do not meet your preferences, will still be able to apply, but they will be highlighted for you and you may filter them out.
- Include salary and pay information (amount or range) for best recruiting results and interest.
- State within your job description if you offer other types of compensation or "perks" (i.e., per diem, free coffee, meals, gas cards, stipend at end of experience, etc.).
- Contact a member of our Employer Relations Team at 470-578-2724 if you should need further assistance.
- See Handshake’s Resource page if you should have any technical questions, or email email@example.com.
Create or Log-in to your Handshake Account