Recruit at KSU
Interview Candidates at Kennesaw State
The Department of Career Planning & Development (DCPD) offers interview rooms for you to meet individually with KSU students and alumni to discuss position opportunities. This deadline driven service provides the opportunity for you to post a position(s), preview candidate resumes, and then arrange to interview students in our offices. Each interview room can accommodate up to four people. Prime recruiting season runs September through November and February through April. NOTE: Professional attire is required for students to participate.
***Only Equal Opportunity Employers may use KSU facilities to interview. Tests administered on campus must be validated by the Equal Opportunity Commission.
Employers must request on-campus interviews through the Handshake system. To register click here. If you are already registered, click here. If the “Interviews” tab is not available, please contact us for eligibility (470-578-2724 or email@example.com).
On Campus Interview Options:
- Pre-select Interview Schedule - Allows you the option to manage the on campus recruiting process through Handshake. Students will apply online, employers can select who they want to interview, and the system will automatically invite those invited students.
- Room Only Reservation -- Allows you to select candidates based on other recruiting activities (career fairs, general job postings, etc.). Once your date request is approved, you are responsible for contacting candidates to set individual interview times. Your confirmed interview schedule must be provided to us by email at least one business day before interviews are held, including copies of candidate resumes that were submitted for the position. We also require you to provide a hard copy of the schedule to our front office staff upon your arrival for interviews.
DCPD wants to make sure your recruiting efforts are successful. Here are some helpful tips to ensure a more positive recruiting outcome and campus visit.
- Submit your job posting in Handshake as soon as possible.
refrain from making changes to your recruiting date unless it is absolutely necessary.
- Select your preselected candidates in Handshake by the appropriate deadline.
- Contact us as soon as possible if you must make ANY changes.
- Make sure the representative(s) who will be coming on campus has all the information needed (map, parking instructions, and other directions).
Campus Information Tables
This option provides additional visibility on campus to promote your job posting. It is generally held for 2-4 hours during the busiest period of the day (10 am to 2 pm) in a high traffic lobby area. You will receive an automated email when your request has been processed, along with reservation details.
- We require an active job posting within Handshake prior to requesting an information table.
- Requests must be submitted at least 3 weeks before you would like to recruit on campus. This will allow time to reserve the space and advertise for a successful event.
- Information tables cannot be reserved for the first two weeks of class, during student holidays and scheduled university closings, or the last two weeks of the semester. See "Important Recruiting Dates" under the General Information at the bottom of our Employer website.
- If a position includes any of the following features (commission only, base plus commission, start‐up costs to the employee) there must be signage at the table clearly indicating this at all times. Failure to follow these policies will prevent the employer from future use of our services.
A six‐foot table and chairs will be reserved and set up for you in a high-traffic lobby area of one of the major areas of study, typically between 10 am and 2 pm. However, you may customize your request to meet your recruiting needs. To be fair to other employer needs and campus agencies needing promotional space, an employer may not recruit more than twice in one semester using the table promotion service. While staffing a table, employers are limited to promoting their recruiting opportunities at their table only. No solicitation of products or services is allowed. If you must cancel your recruiting date for any reason, you must resubmit for another date and allow at least 3 weeks for confirmation. *KSU reserves the right to change these requirements.
To request a date for an information table:
- Select the "Create an Event" option from your Handshake dashboard. If you do not have this option, please contact a member of our Employer Relations Team.
- Select Host as Kennesaw State University, then select Career Center (Marietta or Kennesaw Campus), and the Type of Event as "Info Session" and then Name it "Information Table (Company Name)". Complete all * areas, as they are required.
- Provide your Job Title and Job ID within the description area, and include that you would like to meet interested candidates.
- Include a couple alternate dates at the bottom section of the description area, as we may not be able to accommodate your first selected date and/or time.
- Contact a member of our Employer Relations Team at 470-578-2724 if you should need further assistance.
Campus Information Sessions & Presentations
Employers are invited to hold information sessions on campus to familiarize and promote their business or organizations to KSU students. These information sessions are most successful after a career fair, previous posting(s), or an information table has been held, and you have a number of interested candidates that your team would like to provide additional (or next step) information to them as a group. They can be customized to fit your recruiting team needs. The sessions are typically for one hour on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays (between 12-2 pm or 4-6 pm). There is no fee to the employer to request an information session through our office.
- We require an active job posting within Handshake prior to requesting an information session.
- Requests must be submitted at least 4 weeks before you would like to recruit on campus. This will allow time to reserve the space and advertise for a successful event.
- Information sessions cannot be reserved for the first two weeks of class, during student holidays and scheduled university closings, or the last two weeks of the semester. Please see "Important Recruiting Dates" under the General Information at the bottom of our Employer website.
- If a position includes any of the following features (commission only, base plus commission, start‐up costs to the employee) there must be signage in the room clearly indicating this at all times. Failure to follow these policies will prevent the employer from future use of our services.
To request a date for an information session:
- Select the "Create an Event" option on your Handshake dashboard. If you do not have this option, please contact a member of our Employer Relations Team.
- Select Host as Kennesaw State University, then select Career Center (Marietta or Kennesaw Campus), and the Type of Event as "Info Session" and then Name it "Information Session (Company Name)". Complete all * areas, as they are required.
- Provide your Job Title and Job ID within the description area, and include that you would like to meet interested candidates to provide additional information regarding your recruiting process. Include a couple alternate dates at the bottom section of the description area, as we may not be able to accommodate your first selected date and/or time.
- Provide specific information if you are planning to provide food/snacks/beverages during the session, as this affects the room/space accommodation request. Indicate if you will be providing pick-up/drop-off options (such as pizza or Chick-fil-A) or if you will be requesting our campus catering for your event.
- Contact a member of our Employer Relations Team at 470-578-2724 if you should need further assistance.
Note: Any recruiting event that has been confirmed, may be "academically bumped" at any time if the space is needed for academic reasons.
Online Resume Books
You must meet specific trust scores (80+) and areas within Handshake in order to generate resume books. If you have this access, see below for instructions to download a book.
- First, search for students by certain specifications by clicking on the “Students” tab on the left side of the navigation bar and using the options form to filter.
- After generating the list of students based on your search criteria, use the top checkbox to select each of these students.
- In the top right of the menu click “Bulk Actions” and select download application packages as a PDF or Zip file to have the packages sent you via email.
NOTE: Qualifications for Information Session, Information Table, and resume book:
- Current position(s) in Handshake (job board) or have position(s) on your company website and/or;
- Currently registered for a KSU job & internship fair or attended one within the past 12 months and/or;
- Participated in KSU InformationTable or Session within the past 12 months
Third Party Recruiting Policy
If you are a Third-Party Recruiter posting a job for a client, it will be necessary to disclose the client’s company name for whom you are recruiting in the Job Description box. All positions posted by third-party recruiters without the client’s company name will be deleted from the system. Third-party recruiters are eligible to participate in the Career Fair ONLY IF they are recruiting for their own respective organization OR they explicitly state the company they are representing at the time of the fair. Also see NACE Third Party Recruiting Policy. Recruiting complexities that exist for a third-party recruiter far surpass those of a typical employer. Therefore, The Department of Career Planning & Development reserves the right to deny access and participation to any third-party employer.
Temporary agencies or staffing services are employers, not third-party recruiters, and will be expected to comply with the professional conduct principles set forth for employer professionals. These are organizations that contract to provide individuals qualified to perform specific tasks or complete specific projects for a client organization. Individuals perform work at the client organization, but are employed and paid by the agency.
Marketing companies are prohibited from using the university’s career services to recruit students for commission only employment and internships. Salaried or hourly positions for the corporate divisions of these companies are permitted. Furthermore, companies that require employees to purchase equipment or inventory for resale are not permitted to use our Department's services. Organizations offering franchise opportunities are also prohibited. Companies that offer either commission only fulltime positions or require further training and licensure paid by the candidate must disclose this information when posting a position or recruiting on campus.
Resume Critiques, Mock Interviews & Guest Speaker
The Department of Career Planning & Development offers four to six programs per year in which employers are encourage to volunteer their talents to share with our students and alumni. Employer representatives are given 10-15 minute practice sessions; which include a dry run of an interview with a student or an alum and a productive discussion about their resumes.
Our department also offers multiple programs per year on specific industries or special employment-related topics. Employer representatives are given a few minutes to present. The presentation is followed by a Q&A session with the students and alumni, and finishes with a "mix and mingle" session.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 470-578-2724 if you are interested in participating in these events.
Kennesaw State University Department of Career Planning & Development subscribes to and endorses the Principles of Professional Conduct for Career Services and Employment Professionals as published by the National Association of College and Employers (NACE). These principles provide a framework for professional relationships among colleges / universities, employing organizations, and candidates. The full text of these principles is available at http://www.naceweb.org/principles.