The following policies apply to all students and alumni who use the various services offered by The Department of Career Planning & Development.
Please note that the term “student” refers to any student or alumnus who participates in On–Campus Recruiting, regardless of their enrollment status at KSU.
A student will be considered a late arrival if they show up for their appointment with a career advisor more than 15 minutes after the scheduled appointment time. If the student has called to let us know that they are running late (prior to the end of their 15–minute grace period), they may still meet with the career advisor, but will only have the remaining portion of the hour scheduled for their appointment. If the student has not called to notify us that they will be late, they will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
The Late Arrival policy for regular appointments will not be strictly enforced during the first three weeks of the Fall Semester, due to the increased traffic and difficulty with parking. A student with an appointment for a digitally recorded practice interviews (mock interview) will be considered late arrivals if they show up as little as one minute past the scheduled appointment time. They may still meet with the career advisor, but they will need to schedule another appointment for the mock interview. The Late Arrival policy for mock interviews will be enforced at all times throughout the semester.
The following policy applies to all students and alumni who participate in On–Campus Interviewing (OCI). Please note that the term “student” refers to any student or alumnus who participates in On–Campus Interviewing, regardless of their enrollment status at KSU.
The "No Show" Policy applies:
- when a student does not appear for a scheduled interview
- when a student cancels an interview after the "Cancel Interview" period end
- when a student fails to either sign up for or decline an interview for which they have been preselected
- when a student fails to show for an employer event (information session) for which they have RSVP'd
No changes may be made to an interview schedules after 8:00 a.m. two business days before the employer's interviews. "No Show" offenses are cumulative throughout a student's enrollment at Kennesaw and beyond. If you must cancel for emergency purposes, or are ill the day of your interview, send an email notification to email@example.com and/or call our receptionist at 470-578-6555 as soon as possible. This policy will be enforced no matter the reason (sickness, family emergency, car trouble, exam schedule, work conflict, etc.)
When a student reschedules/cancels the same appointment twice it is considered a first offense under the no show policy. If the student reschedules or cancels two more times, that will be the second offense and their access to our Department's privileges will be revoked for the remainder of that semester. Please note that calling to reschedule/cancel after your scheduled appointment time will result in a no show.
Please note that the Rescheduling/Canceling policy works in combination with the standard No Show policy. For example, a no show and an appointment rescheduled/canceled twice (or any other combination of the two appointment policies) would be your first and second offense.
On-Campus Interviewing (OCI) No-Show Policy
The Department of Career Planning and Development will notify you via email if you are in violation of the Late Cancellation/No Show Policy.
- Late Cancellations and No Shows MUST adhere to the following to have your account reinstated:
- Contact the Department of Career Planning and Development IN PERSON to obtain the recruiter's contact information. This information will not be provided over the phone or via email. You can visit either office location to obtain this information.
- Write a letter, which will be e-mailed to the appropriate interviewer explaining why it was necessary to cancel the scheduled interview or why you did not show
- Before sending the letter to the interviewer, it must be sent to the Department of Career Planning and Development for review. Email your letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once approved, you will be notified that you can officially send your apology email to the interviewer. Do not send the letter as an attachment—it should be the body of your email.
- Include the Department of Career Planning and Development on your email to the recruiter by adding Dr. Lori Trahan, Associate Director for Operations, Assessment and Employer Relations to the CC field of the email (Ltrahan@kennesaw.edu)
- Failure to do the above tasks will result in your Handshake account remaining blocked
1st Offense: Excluded from all On–Campus Interviewing activities, including any interviews already scheduled.
Follow the above procedure to have your account reinstated after review. Failure to comply will result in total and permanent exclusion from future On–Campus Interviewing activities. Please note that failing to sign up for an interview you have been chosen for is counted the same as a “No Show” because you are taking an opportunity from another potential candidate.
2nd Offense: Banned from all On–Campus Interviewing activities the entire semester. There is no appeal process for a second violation during the same semester.
NOTE: Students who violate the On-Campus Interview policy for two consecutive semesters will have their participation privileges for this program permanently revoked.
Please note that when you do not respond to an employer request after you have submitted your resume for a position, it may permanently affect future recruiting at Kennesaw State for all students. So please be considerate of your fellow students and honor commitments you make.
NO SOLICITATION POLICY - The Department of Career Planning & Development does not give permission to any organization, or individual, to distribute materials of any kind throughout campus. All promotional materials regarding an approved and scheduled recruiting event will be distributed directly through our staff to interested students. Promotional materials for a confirmed recruiting event must be submitted to our office at least 7 business days before the event.
Right of Refusal - Any company or organization seeking to recruit at KSU must register an OwlLink account through The Department of Career Planning & Development (CPD). If a representative of an organization fails to comply with The Department of Career Planning & Development's policies, University Posting and Announcement Policy (see pg. 11), or NACE Principles for Employment Professionals; access to some or all CPD services may be declined or revoked. Final approval to use Kennesaw State University facilities and services for the purposes of recruitment rests with the Director of the CPD.
Only Equal Opportunity Employers may use KSU facilities to interview. Tests administered on campus must be validated by the Equal Opportunity Commission.
Kennesaw State University and The Department of Career Planning & Development supports equal opportunity for all students, and thus, does not pre-screen students for co-op/internship positions. Interested students will contact the employer as instructed on the position posting.
The Department of Career Planning & Development is obligated to follow both professional guidelines (National Association of Colleges and Employers) and federal EEO guidelines. More information is available at the following website: http://www.naceweb.org/principles/