Hiring FWS Student Assistants
Hiring a Federal Work Study (FWS) Student now takes place in Handshake, KSU’s Career Management System. Students rely on Handshake for finding internships, co-ops, part-time, and full-time jobs, and it is now home to FWS positions to make the process seamless for our students.
While the front end of the hiring process will take place in Handshake, hiring managers will continue to work with the Federal Work Study Coordinator and Human Resources to on board new student employees, select start dates, and to ensure they will be paid.
We’ve outlined the steps below:
- Register in Handshake as an employer contact with Kennesaw State University.
Having trouble? Visit “Getting Started with Handshake,” contact us at email@example.com or call 470.578.2724.
- Run your interview and selection process with the candidates who have applied to your position in Handshake (feel free to encourage students to apply to your posting by sharing the link to your position). Note: All applicants to the position are verified as FWS eligible.
- Once you've selected the student(s) you'd like to hire, please complete the SEPAF
form by clicking here.
- Please write the job ID # used to post the position in Handshake in the COMMENTS section of the SEPAF form.
- Send the completed SEPAF form to the Federal Work Study Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The SEPAF will be reviewed, signed, and submitted to Human Resources by the FWS Coordinator.
- Wait for confirmation from Human Resources, and messaging about the onboarding process.
If you need any additional assistance with this process, please contact our office. We've also provided some resources and tips below to help you make the most of your experience working with student employees.