Just Getting Started? Things you should do:
Please use the options below to complete your registration in Handshake.
- Register for Handshake
- Learn where to find us
- Review the Services offered by our office
- Start marking your calendar for upcoming events
- Schedule an appointment with a Career Advisor
If you would like to schedule an appointment please contact our front desk at (470) 578-6555 and start by telling them your major. We are all looking forward to assisting through the process to career success.
Applying for Internships & Co-ops
How is an intern/co-op position different for my major?
Architecture students are NOT eligible for a co-op position due to the requirement that Architecture Studio be attended each Fall and Spring. Internships are recommended.
Any Architecture students seeking internship credit through NCARB toward licensure MUST read the following carefully:
Students intending to pursue a career in architecture must follow the requirements set forth by the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB). All of NCARB’s 54 U.S. jurisdictions require individuals to gain and document a certain amount of experience before becoming eligible to sit for the license and become a registered architect. This experience must be consistent with requirements and procedures of the Architecture Experience Program (AXP) program. Students pursuing a career in architecture are highly encouraged to visit the NCARB APX website. http://www.ncarb.org/Experience-Through-Internships.aspx
Construction Management students are encouraged to complete internships and/or co-op rotations, but are not eligible for academic credit.
Apply for non-credited co-ops (COOP 2000)
To apply for a non-credited co-op experience, including students enrolling in the COOP 2000 program, please use the link below:Apply Here
Cooperative Education (Co-op) - Three alternating semesters over a five semester period with the same company in a position that provides experience directly related to the academic major. Students in these positions are typically paid a wage. You must register your co-op in Handshake by the semester deadline in which you plan to complete a co-op rotation. Applicants must allow for up to 10 days of processing. Please do not wait until the last minute. It is highly recommended that you apply for the credit the semester previous to the one you plan to participate.
- full–time; enrollment must also be full-time during school terms between work terms. Many positions are paid with wages ranging from $15-20/hr., depending on the company.
- eligible to sophomores, juniors, seniors, and students in graduate school with a declared major, at least 30 completed credit hours, and a 2.50 KSU GPA are eligible to participate.
- eligible to students who have completed one semester at KSU prior to beginning an intern or co-op position.
For questions or to learn more about your particular situation, we recommend you set up an appointment with your Career & Internship Advisor by calling 470-578-6555
- International Facilities Management Association
- Atlanta Chapter of IFMA
- Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture
- AIA Georgia
- American Institute of Architecture Students (KSU)
- National Organization of Minority Architects
- National Professional Fraternity for Architecture and the Allied Arts
- National Association of Home Builders
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers
- National Electrical Contractors Association
- The Associated General Contractors of America
- Associated Builders & Contractors Inc.
- American Institute of Constructors
- American Council for Construction Education