Hiring Student and Staff Workers
Hire student and staff workers in KSU’s career management system Handshake. It will help you source, engage, and hire the right talent for your team, wherever they may be.
Students and alumni rely on Handshake for finding all types of jobs including Student Assistant, Federal Work-Study (FWS), Internship, and Full-time positions. Note, All FWS positions posted in Handshake will be reviewed and approved by the Financial Aid Office (email@example.com).
While the front end of the hiring process will take place in Handshake, hiring managers will continue to work with Human Resources to on board new student and staff employees, select start dates, and to ensure they will be paid.
We’ve outlined the steps below:
- Register in Handshake as an employer contact with Kennesaw State University (KSU).
Having trouble? Visit “Getting Started with Handshake,” contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 470-KSU-INFO (470-578-4636).
- Once registered, you will be approved by us to post your positions.
- Unwanted notifications? Customize your notification preferences.
- To create a dept. name as a Division within KSU (ex. Sports and Recreation, Criminal Justice Dept., ESSM.) email email@example.com with the dept. name or acronym.
- You are now ready to post jobs in Handshake!
- For a faster staff and student application choose Apply through external system and attach a URL of your office application. This will bypass resume approval by the
- Run your interview and selection process with the candidates who have applied to your
position in Handshake (feel free to encourage candidates to apply to your posting
by sharing the link to your position).
- If you are hiring students, please complete the SEHF form and send it to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wait for confirmation from Human Resources, and messaging about the onboarding process.
- Send “Thank you for applying” Handshake messages or emails to all applicants not hired.
If you need any additional assistance with this process, please contact our office. We've also provided some resources and tips below to help you make the most of your experience working with students and employees.
For any additional assistance, please don't hesitate to contact our office.