All-Majors Job & Internship Fair
Wednesday, March 20th, 2019 from 12:00-4:00pm in the Dr. Betty L. Siegel Student Recreation & Activities Center (Kennesaw)
Whether you're about to graduate, switching jobs, looking for an internship or just a freshman looking for networking experience, this event is really something that no student at KSU can afford to miss.
- Professional Dress & Photo ID Required for entry.
Download the KSU Career Fair + app (free download for Apple & Android devices to see the list of registered employers for the upcoming Job & Internship Fairs.
This will give you the list of all of the organizations attending the Job & Internship Fair with descriptions. This way you will be able to do your research to determine which firms you'd like to meet.
Tips from your career and internship advisor
How to Prepare
- Download the KSU Career Fair + app (free download for Apple and Android devices) to see the list of registered employers for the upcoming Career Fairs. This will give you the list of all of the organizations attending the Job & Internship Fair with descriptions. This way you will be able to do your research to determine which firms you'd like to meet.
- All firms attending each of the Job & Internship Fairs are uploaded to the app, along with a description. Once table assignments have been made you will be able to star your companies of interest and easily locate them, but more importantly...DO YOUR RESEARCH...
- Do research inside this app, but do not stop there. Find the organization's website to learn more about the company, mission, and any open positions listed on their website, under Careers, Employment, About Us or similar sections.
- Use other websites to do research as well. Many employers will have a presence on LinkedIn, where you can learn more about them and even explore who is already employed there and the backgrounds and professional experience of those people.
Developing your elevator speech
How to create a unique elevator speech for each employer:
1. Hi! I’m (your full name). I’m a/an _______________________ major, graduating in _______.
2. Next say something interesting about yourself, something that will impress this specific employer.
- I just completed an internship with ¬(company name) in the _____________Department. It was amazing…
- I have a 3.5 GPA and have always excelled academically.
- I am the President of ___________, (describe the organization: purpose, # of students…)
3. Wrap it up by expressing your interest in the employer:
I am very interested in working with you because…(insert your research)
4. Finally: May I give you my resume?
Practice, Practice, Practice: Know your Elevator Speech & say it with ease…
Do not leave without...Requesting a business card, so you are able to write a thank you note withing 24 hours. Always attach your resume.
Your resume needs to be perfect: no spelling or grammar mistakes, reverse chronological order, everything aligned.
- Resumes should be printed on "resume paper," a slightly heavier paper that typically has a watermark. This paper is available at stores like, Staples, Office Depot, and Walmart.
- Always bring more resumes than you think you will need. You never know how many employers will stop you and introduce themselves or employers that you decide you'd like to meet.
How to Dress
Present yourself in a professional manner - dressing professionally is one of the keys to making a great first impression!
What to bring
- Purchase a leather or pleather portfolio for your resumes
- Include a pen & extra paper for notes tucked inside
- Smiles & eye contact to make a great impression
- Firm handshakes for both men & women
- Always pick up a business card when you meet with an Employer, so you can write a thank you note within 24 hours incorporating the notes you’ve written after speaking to an Employer.
- We have a bag check, so you can always leave your backpack, purse, coat, or other items there. Be unburdened as you navigate the career fair floor
Get Prepared with Upcoming Workshops+View Calendar
- Mar22Fifteen Minute Fridays - Walk-in Hours with a Career Advisor Time: 09:00 am Location: See Description
- Mar27All-Access: Fresenius Medical Care - Kennesaw Time: 03:30 pm Location: Burruss 151
- Mar27Industry Exploration Night: Entrepreneurship - Marietta Time: 06:00 pm Location: Student Center Ballrooms