Two-Day STEM Job, Internship, & Co-op Fair
Tuesday, February 19th, and Wednesday, February 20th, 2019 from 12:00-4:00pm in the Gymnasium (Marietta)
Each Fall & Spring semester, we invite many of the nation's top companies to the Marietta Campus to recruit KSU students and alumni for internship, co-op, full-time, & part-time positions.
Students of all majors and class levels are encouraged to attend. Companies are also recruiting for positions in accounting, management, marketing, communications, new media arts, information systems, finance, and so many more related fields. Look through the list below for more information.
Professional dress is required for admittance to this job fair. View the tips below if you have questions about what to wear.
Tips from your Career & Internship Advisor
How to Prepare
Download the Career Fair + app (free download for Apple and Android devices) to see the list of registered employers for the upcoming Job & Internship Fairs. This will give you the list of all of the organizations attending the Job & Internship Fair with descriptions. This way, you will be able to do your research to determine which firms you'd like to meet.
- All organizations attending each of the Job & Internship Fairs are uploaded to the app, along with a description. Once table assignments have been made you will be able to star your companies of interest and easily locate them, but more importantly...DO YOUR RESEARCH!
- Do research inside this app, but do not stop there. Find the organization's website to learn more about the company, mission, and any open positions listed on their website. Look under "Careers," "Employment," "About Us," or similar sections.
- Use other websites to do research as well. Many employers will have a presence on LinkedIn, where you can learn more about them and even explore who is already employed there and the backgrounds and professional experience of those individuals.
Develop your Elevator Speech
How to create a unique elevator speech for each employer:
- "Hi! I’m (your full name). I’m a/an _______________________ major, graduating in _______."
- Next say something interesting about yourself: something that will impress this specific employer.
- I just completed an internship with (company name) in the _____________ department. It was amazing…
- I have a 3.5 GPA and have always excelled academically.
- I am the President of ___________, (describe the organization: purpose, # of students…)
3. Wrap it up by expressing your interest in the employer:
"I am very interested in working with you because…(insert your research)."
4. Conclude with: "May I give you my resume?"
Practice, practice, practice! Know your elevator speech and say it with ease.
NOTE: Do not leave without requesting a business card, so you are able to write a thank you note within 24 hours. Always attach your resume.
Your resume needs to be perfect, with no spelling or grammar mistakes, in reverse chronological order, and with everything aligned.
Please review the resume template for tips on creating a strategic resume, available on our website here under "Important Resources."
- Resumes should be printed on resume paper: a slightly heavier paper that typically has a watermark. This paper is available at stores like Staples, Office Depot, and Walmart.
- Always bring more resumes than you think you will need. You never know how many employers will stop you and introduce themselves, or how many additional employers you may decide to talk to when you get to the fair.
How to Dress
Present yourself in a professional manner - dressing professionally is one of the keys to making a great first impression!
What to Bring with You
- Purchase a leather or pleather padfolio for your resumes
- Include a pen & extra paper for notes tucked inside
- Smile & maintain eye contact to make a great impression
- Firm handshakes for both men & women
- Always pick up a business card when you meet with an employer, so you can write a thank you note within 24 hours incorporating the notes you’ve written on the back of the card after speaking to the employer.
- We have a bag check, so you can always leave your backpack, purse, coat, or other items there. Be unburdened as you navigate the career fair floor.
Download the KSU Career Fair + app (free download for Apple & Android) to see the list of registered employers for the upcoming Job & Internship Fairs. This will give you the list of all of the organizations attending the Job & Internship Fair with descriptions. This way you will be able to do your research to determine which firms you'd like to meet.