Applying for Internship & Co-op Credit+ Program Overview
Apply for non-credited co-ops (COOP 2000)
To apply for a non-credited internship/co-op experience, including students enrolling in the COOP 2000 program, please use the link below:Apply Here
Cooperative Education (Co-op) - Three alternating semesters over a five semester period with the same company in a position that provides experience directly related to the academic major. Students in these positions are typically paid a wage.
- Position is full–time; enrollment must also be full-time during school terms between work terms. Many positions are paid with wages ranging from $12-20/hr., depending on the company. Students may not take classes during work terms, unless approved by the Department of Career Planning & Development.
- Sophomores, juniors, seniors, and students in graduate school with a declared eligible major, at least 30 completed credit hours, and a 2.50 KSU GPA are eligible to participate.
- Students must have completed one semester at KSU prior to beginning an intern or co-op position.
- Students must submit an application through the “Apply Here” button above in order to enroll in COOP 2000.
For questions or to learn more about your particular situation, we recommend you set up an appointment with your Career & Internship Advisor by calling 470-578-6555
Apply for internship credit
In order to receive academic credit, you must meet the specific class requirements set forth by your college. Please review the specific course requirements pertaining to your major below. Review the instructions for completing the application for internship/co-op credit here.
You have until the deadline each semester (in which you plan to intern) to apply for credit. Applicants must allow for up to 10 days of processing. Please do not wait until the last minute. It is highly recommended that you apply for the credit the semester previous to the one you plan to intern. Retroactive credit will not be granted.
Computer Game Design & Development
Master of Science, Computer Science
Master of Science, Information Technology
Master of Science, Software Engineering
Ph.D., Analytics & Data Science
Opportunities in the computing and software engineering field are growing exponentially as technology continues to evolve and advance. To get started in the field, preparation is key. Check out some of the resources below to learn how to prepare for a career in computing and software engineering.
- Interview Stream
- MyWorkster App
- City Profile Report
- Career Advice from Leading Companies
- Career Bliss