Post A Job
Handshake for Employers & Recruiters
The Career Management System, Handshake is the largest early talent recruiting platform connecting employers, talent, and colleges in one place. It will help you source, engage, and hire the right talent for your team. All Kennesaw State University students and alums have access to Handshake accounts. We ask that you create your Employer/Recruiter accounts in our system as well. It’s Free!
If you're interested in the Handshake Premium partnership, visit https://joinhandshake.com/employers-premium/ to learn more.
Please contact us at 470-578-2724 or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Create a Handshake User Account
- Create a Handshake Company Profile and connect with Kennesaw State University on Handshake
- Select to Post a Job, Request an Event (Information Table or Session), Request On-Campus Interview Schedule, and much more.
- View additional topics and training videos in Handshake
- Add Handshake (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com) to your address book so system emails will not be filtered to your spam or junk mail.
Please note: The Department of Career Planning & Development cannot view your password from the system. If you forget your password, please click on the “Forgot my Password” tab to have your password reset and emailed to you.
COMMON REASONS EMPLOYER REGISTRATIONS ARE DECLINED INCLUDE:
- Gmail, yahoo, hotmail or other general domain names in the email address
- Private individual looking to hire a nanny, daycare, tutor, etc.
- Posting for a third party staffing agency (see Third Party policy below)
- Invalid company website
- Website/email domains for known companies do not match the corporate domain
- Incomplete registration information (full name and title of contacts, phone number or website does not match the organization URL).
- Require student to pay or invest in your company before employment
Note: This information is not viewable to students; it is for system registration purposes only. You must select what is viewable to students within each job posting after your registration is approved.
Free Classified through the KSU campus newspaper, The Sentinel:
It's a third-party service connected to the online edition of The Sentinel at http://theksusentinel.com/classifieds/. After reviewing the bulleted information, select Place Your Ad. This is also an option if you are not able to meet our criteria to post jobs in Handshake.
Need help fleshing out a job description?
O*NET OnLine is a great resource to develop duties and tasks, view salary information, and outlook for future job titles. Key in a job title or key word in the "search" section at the top right. This is a comprehensive web application for exploring the O*NET database. Occupation reports offer a range of information, from a broad overview to comprehensive detail on a specific subject.
The O*NET system is maintained by a regularly updated database of occupational characteristics and worker requirements information across the U.S. economy. It describes occupations in terms of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required as well as how the work is performed in terms of tasks, work activities, and other descriptors. View O*NET training videos and other resources for additional guidance on using the site.
You may post any of the following types of positions within Handshake: Internship, Co-op, Full-Time, Part-Time, Volunteer, and Temporary/Seasonal.
- Log into your Employer Handshake account.
- Select to "+Post a Job" from the Home dashboard.
- Complete the form providing as much detail as possible for best recruiting results (you can copy and paste information into this form). All * areas are required.
- Select "Next" along the bottom to move thru the posting options. Be sure to add how you would like to receive applicant packages, add Kennesaw State University as the school to post the job, and enter an apply start date and expiration date for the job post.
- Submit for review and approval.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
- Provide details of your candidate preferences (i.e., GPA, graduation date, major, etc.). Students who do not meet your preferences, will still be able to apply, but they will be highlighted for you and you may filter them out.
- Include salary and pay information ($ amount) for best recruiting results and interest. You may provide a salary range within the job description.
- State within your job description if you offer other types of compensation or "perks" (i.e., per diem, free coffee, meals, gas cards, stipend at end of experience, etc.).
- Contact a member of our Employer Relations Team at 470-578-2724 if you should need further assistance.