Hiring a Student Assistant
Hiring a Student Assistant now takes place in Handshake, KSU’s Career Management System. Student rely on Handshake for finding internships, co-ops, part-time, and full-time jobs, and it is now home to student assistant positions to make the process seamless for our students.
While the front end of the hiring process will take place in Handshake, hiring managers will continue to work with Human Resources to on board new student employees, select start dates, and to ensure they will be paid.
We’ve outlined the steps below:
- Register in Handshake as an employer contact with Kennesaw State University (KSU).
Having trouble? Visit “Getting Started with Handshake,” contact us at email@example.com or call 470.578.2724.
- Once registered, you will be approved by us to post your positions.
- Unwanted notifications? Customize your notification preferences.
- To create a dept. name as a Division within KSU (ex. Sports and Recreation, Criminal Justice Dept., ESSM.) email firstname.lastname@example.org with the dept. name or acronym.
- You are now ready to post jobs in Handshake!
- For a faster student application choose Apply through external system and attach a URL of your office application. This will bypass students resume approval by the DCPD office.
- Run your interview and selection process with the candidates who have applied to your position in Handshake (feel free to encourage students to apply to your posting by sharing the link to your position).
- Once you've selected the student(s) you'd like to hire, please complete the SEHF form
by clicking here.
- Please write the job ID # used to post the position in Handshake in the COMMENTS section of the SEPAF form.
- Send the completed SEPAF form to Human Resources at email@example.com.
- Wait for confirmation from Human Resources, and messaging about the onboarding process.
If you need any additional assistance with this process, please contact our office. We've also provided some resources and tips below to help you make the most of your experience working with student employees.