October 13th & 14th, 2020
11:00am - 3:00pm
Hosted virtually within Handshake
Our fair connects many of the nation's top companies with KSU's brightest students and alumni for internship, co-op, full-time, & part-time positions.
This event is for companies to recruit for jobs and internships in all majors and industries. Students of all majors and class levels are encouraged to attend. Don't forget that this is a two-day fair, so be sure to look for which day each company or school will be in attendance, and make plans to attend both days to visit with more companies!
Attendance reserved for KSU students and KSU/SPSU alumni only.
We look forward to being your host in October!
Need last minute advice?
Drop-in to Job Fair Prep Day
** For resume reviews, practice scenarios, elevator speech writing, mock job fair tables, & more!**
Students of all majors and class levels are encouraged to attend
Companies are also recruiting for positions in architecture, construction management, all kinds of engineering, education, marketing, communications, computing and software engineering, information systems, technology, and so many more related fields. Look through the list below for more information. Use the Handshake app to run filters specifically for your situation. You can sort by major, job type, school year, industry, search by keyword, and much more!
Professional dress is required to enter this Job Fair:Make a good first impression and dress to impress! Many employers consider a career fair interaction to be a "first interview," so we recommend business professional attire for all Job and Internship Fairs.
- View the employer list in Handshake
- Download the Handshale Mobile app, available in both the Apple and Google Play stores to see the list of registered employers for the upcoming Job & Internship Fairs. This will give you the list of all of the organizations attending the Job & Internship Fair with descriptions. This way you will be able to do your research to determine which firms you'd like to meet.
Tips from your career and internship advisor
How to Prepare
- Download the Handshake app (free download for Apple and Android devices) to see the list of registered employers for the upcoming Job & Internship Fairs.
- All organizations attending each of the Job & Internship Fairs are uploaded to the app, along with a description. Once table assignments have been made you will be able to map out where you’ll go on the day of the fair, but more importantly...DO YOUR RESEARCH!
- Do research inside this app, but do not stop there. Find the organization's website to learn more about the company, mission, and any open positions listed on their website, under Careers, Employment, About Us or similar sections.
- Use other websites to do research as well. Many employers will have a presence on LinkedIn, where you can learn more about them and even explore who is already employed there and the backgrounds and professional experience of those people.
Developing your elevator speech
How to create a unique elevator speech for each employer:
1. Hi! I’m (your full name). I’m a/an _______________________ major, graduating in _______.
2. Next say something interesting about yourself, something that will impress this specific employer.
- I just completed an internship with ¬(company name) in the _____________Department. It was amazing…
- I have a 3.5 GPA and have always excelled academically.
- I am the President of ___________, (describe the organization: purpose, # of students…)
3. Wrap it up by expressing your interest in the employer:
I am very interested in working with you because…(insert your research)
4. Finally: May I give you my resume?
Practice, Practice, Practice: Know your Elevator Speech & say it with ease…
Do not leave without...Requesting a business card, so you are able to write a thank you note withing 24 hours. Always attach your resume.
Your resume needs to be perfect: no spelling or grammar mistakes, reverse chronological order, everything aligned.
- Resumes should be printed on "resume paper," a slightly heavier paper that typically has a watermark. This paper is available at stores like, Staples, Office Depot, and Walmart.
- Always bring more resumes than you think you will need. You never know how many employers will stop you and introduce themselves or employers that you decide you'd like to meet.
Please review the resume template for tips on creating a strategic resume, available on our website, scroll down to the list of colleges, click your college and find the sample resumes under the heading "writing samples."
How to Dress
Present yourself in a professional manner - dressing professionally is one of the keys to making a great first impression!
What to bring
- Purchase a leather or pleather portfolio for your resumes
- Include a pen & extra paper for notes tucked inside
- Smiles & eye contact to make a great impression
- Firm handshakes for both men & women
- Always pick up a business card when you meet with an Employer, so you can write a thank you note within 24 hours incorporating the notes you’ve written after speaking to an Employer.
- We have a bag check, so you can always leave your backpack, purse, coat, or other items there. Be unburdened as you navigate the career fair floor