Education Job and Internship Fair
January 28, 2021, from 11am - 3pm in Handshake
Each Spring semester, we invite many of the nation’s top schools to our fair in order to showcase KSU’s brightest students and alumni for graduate school, internship, co-op, full-time, and part-time positions.
We are reaching out to schools from Metro Atlanta to New York City who are hiring teachers, administrators, paraprofessionals, substitute teachers, and technical support professionals.
Who's Coming?Coming Soon. Check your Handshake account for the latest updates.
Tips from your Career & Internship Advisor
How to Prepare
Develop your Elevator Speech
How to create a unique elevator speech for each employer:
1. Hi! I’m (your full name). I’m a/an _______________________ major, graduating in _______.
2. Next say something interesting about yourself, something that will impress this specific employer.
- I just completed an internship with ¬(company name) in the _____________Department. It was amazing…
- I have a 3.5 GPA and have always excelled academically.
- I am the President of ___________, (describe the organization: purpose, # of students…)
3. Wrap it up by expressing your interest in the employer:
I am very interested in working with you because…(insert your research)
4. Finally: May I give you my resume?
Practice, Practice, Practice: Know your Elevator Speech & say it with ease…
Do not leave without...Requesting a business card, so you are able to write a thank you note withing 24 hours. Always attach your resume.
Your resume needs to be perfect: no spelling or grammar mistakes, reverse chronological order, everything aligned.
- Resumes should be printed on "resume paper," a slightly heavier paper that typically has a watermark. This paper is available at stores like, Staples, Office Depot, and Walmart.
- Always bring more resumes than you think you will need. You never know how many employers will stop you and introduce themselves or employers that you decide you'd like to meet.
How to Dress
Present yourself in a professional manner - dressing professionally is one of the keys to making a great first impression!
What to bring with you
- Purchase a leather or pleather portfolio for your resumes
- Include a pen & extra paper for notes tucked inside
- Smiles & eye contact to make a great impression
- Firm handshakes for both men & women
- Always pick up a business card when you meet with an Employer, so you can write a thank you note within 24 hours incorporating the notes you’ve written after speaking to an Employer.
- We have a bag check, so you can always leave your backpack, purse, coat, or other items there. Be unburdened as you navigate the career fair floor.