Join Us for the Summer 2020 Virtual Job Fair
Wednesday, July 8th
11 AM - 3 PM
See What Jobs & Internships are Available in Atlanta and Beyond!
Get Hired From Home!
Our Virtual Fair lets you "meet" employers in an easy and convenient place - from the comfort of your computer. So log in between classes, on your lunch break at work, or at home.
There are jobs and internships everywhere and you can work anywhere!
You will be able to sort by visa sponsorship, position types, degree level, majors, and location.
Your resume needs to be perfect, with no spelling or grammar mistakes, in reverse chronological order, and with everything aligned. Please review the resume template for tips on creating a strategic resume, available on our website (under "writing samples").
Your Elevator Pitch
How to create a unique elevator speech for each employer:
- "Hi! I’m (your full name). I’m a/an _______________________ major, graduating in _______."
- Next say something interesting about yourself: something that will impress this specific employer.
- I just completed an internship with (company name) in the _____________ Department. It was amazing…
- I have a 3.5 GPA and have always excelled academically.
- I am the President of ___________, (describe the organization: purpose, # of students etc.)
Wrap it up by expressing your interest in the employer:
"I am very interested in working with you because…(insert your research)."
Conclude with: "May I give you my resume?"
Practice, practice, practice! Know your elevator speech and be able to say it with ease.
NOTE: Do not leave without requesting a business card, so you are able to write a thank you note within 24 hours. (Always attach your resume).
Attend a Virtual Fair Prep Workshop
For additional tips and a walk-thru of the virtual job fair environment, please RSVP to attend one of our virtual prep workshops:
*You will need to RSVP in Handshake for these workshops in order to attend. Once you RSVP, you'll receive an email with a link to join the event. You can RSVP up until the start of the event.*