Career Self-Assessment Tools
Career assessment is an important part of the career planning process because it allows you to identify and reflect on your values, interests, abilities, and personality preferences. Having this knowledge is very helpful in career decision making.
If you are still exploring your career options, you may find the following career assessment tools helpful.
Students with an Undeclared Major, as well as students who are considering changing their major, can combine major exploration and academic advising with Owl Advising. Owl Advising builds in the VIPS approach into their academic advising to help students understand how academic credits fit with the majors that best fit them.
Resources for Writing Your Resume and Cover Letter (including Templates & Samples)
For All Students and Majors
Bagwell College of Education
Coles College of Business
College of Architecture and Construction Management
College of Computing and Software Engineering
Norman J. Radow College of Humanities and Social Sciences
College of Science and Mathematics
College of the Arts
Southern Polytechnic College of Engineering and Engineering Technology
WellStar College of Health and Human Services
Resources for Improving Your Job-Seeking Skills
- Career Guidebook on Personal Branding (Resumes, Cover Letters, and More!)
- ePortfolios (KSU Writing Center)
- Career Readiness Competencies
- LinkedIn Template & LinkedIn Primer
Resources for Researching Careers, Industries, and Job Titles
- What Can I Do With My Major?
- Zippia - Career Exploration by Major
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Career Bliss
Resources for Reviewing and Evaluating Employers
- Diversity, Inc. Top 50
- Identifying Employers Who Value Diversity
- Questions to Ask to Tell if a Company Values Diversity & Inclusion
- Anti-Discrimination Laws
- KSU Accessibility Resources
- @HireKSU Disclaimer
Pay, Salary, and Relocation Tools