Career Self-Assessment Tools
Career assessment is an important part of the career planning process because it allows you to identify and reflect on your values, interests, abilities, and personality preferences. Having this knowledge is very helpful in career decision making.
If you are still exploring your career options, you may find the following career assessment tools helpful.
Students with an Undeclared Major, as well as students who are considering changing their major can combine major exploration and academic advising with Owl Advising. Owl Advising builds in the VIPS approach into their academic advising to help students understand how academic credits fit with the majors that best fit them.
Resources for Improving Your Job-Seeking Skills
- Career Guidebook on Personal Branding (Resumes, Cover Letters, and More!)
- ePortfolios (KSU Writing Center)
- Career Readiness Competencies
- LinkedIn Template & LinkedIn Primer
Resources for Researching Careers, Industries, and Job Titles
- What Can I Do With My Major?
- Zippia - Career Exploration by Major
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Career Bliss
Resources for Reviewing and Evaluating Employers
- Diversity, Inc. Top 50
- Identifying Employers Who Value Diversity
- Anti-Discrimination Laws
Pay, Salary, and Relocation Tools